Real ID vs Driving License
A REAL ID is a driver’s license or identity card and is often a means of identity approved by federal authorities’ critical part of our national security system is secure driver’s licenses and identity papers. The REAL ID Act, passed by Congress in 2005, adopted the recommendation of the Commission on 9/11 that the Federal Government “set requirements for the issuing of identity documents, such as driver’s licenses. The REAL ID Act complies with the staggered implementation plan and the regulatory timelines and is not likely to offer further delays to any State not committed to full compliance and to make significant and recorded progress in fulfilling any unfulfilled criteria
What is a driving license?
Driver’s licenses are issued by every State, territory and District of Columbia, not by the federal government because of federalism. Drivers are usually allowed to receive a license from their state of residency, except for non-resident age requirements both states accept each other’s licenses. A State may also suspend the driving right of an person for traffic within its borders .Several states have a similar set of license classes, with certain variations, e.g. federal laws standardize commercial license classes at 49 C.F.R. 383. Most driving licenses and ID cards display small digits next to each data area. It is expected by the design standard of the American association of Automobile Administrators and was adopted by several US states.
A Valid Driver license or Identification card is available. If : you want to continue using your driver’s license or identity card to board domestic flights within the United States, a REAL ID is required. Each air traveller aged 18 years and older will require a REAL ID-compliant driver’s license / permit / identification card or another appropriate government form of ID from 1 October 2021 to fly within the United States, visit military bases or access federal buildings requiring ID. Below is a list of appropriate US commercial air travel Identification forms:
- Kentucky’s REAL ID card versions or other REAL ID compliant cards offered by other states
- U.S. passport
- U.S. passport card
- DHS trusted traveler card (Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, and FAST)
- Permanent resident card
- Border crossing card
- DHS-designated enhanced driver’s license
- Federally recognized, tribal-issued photo ID
- HSPD-12 PIV card
- Foreign government-issued passport
- Transportation worker identification credential (TWIC®)
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Employment Authorization Card (I-766)
- U.S. Merchant Mariner Credential.
Military installations and public facilities must recognize REAL IDs, like the White House. For a list of other appropriate identifying forms, please contact the base or building immediately prior to your visit.
Differences between a Standard Credential and REAL ID
The regular certificate is a passport compatible with the State but not the REAL-ID. Generic licenses and Identification shall continue to be suitable for-Driving
- Age-restricted purchases
- Links to state and local programs such as VA clinics, offices of social welfare, federal courts and more if you are applying for a standard credential, current Kentucky license holders who have not had a name or address change simply must present their current license. Many first-time applicants for a regular certificate, including new card holders, will bring in:
One (1) valid proof of identity
One (1) valid proof of Social Security number
One (1) valid proof of residency.
- It can require extra paperwork for minors.
- Premium certificates will be used until 1 October 2021
- In the U.S. Air Transport
- Visiting military bases and state controlled installations, such as the White House and nuclear power stations.
The REAL ID is an eligible Government, license or ID for:
- In the U.S. Air Transport
- Visits to military bases and federal restricted facilities, such as nuclear power plants or the White House
- Earnings reduced by age
- Links to state and local programs such as VA Clinics, offices of social welfare, federal courts and more
Applicants should bring in to apply for a new REAL ID:
One (1) real Identity Statement
One (1) proof of a valid Social Security number
Two (2) legitimate immigration certificates
Where names do not fit, additional documentation may be needed
MyMoneyMyQuotes provides free insurance quotes for auto insurance, home insurance, life insurance, business insurance and renters insurance. You can compare insurance quotes for free to select the best and the cheapest insurance deal at MyMoneyMyQuotes.com